Throughout this week I plan to bring you a very short series that will take you through the fundamentals of improving your affiliate marketing business.
The topics I’ll touch on range from SEO, content marketing, social media, advertising, and growth.
Each of these topics can take years to master but what I plan to do with the series is to give you a leg-up on each of them in just a minute of your time. It’s the type of series where one good suggestion can become a great opportunity for your business so if you find something and like it then go with it and put it into practice.
Set your timer… here we go…
- Be sure to research your keywords relevant to your industry which can be done through platforms like Google Analytics or by taking a look (and replicating) the competition.
- Place these main keywords in the main areas that matter such as in the header, used as sub-headings, and peppered throughout the content.
- Create links that also use these keywords and interlink them frequently so search engines know what a page is about and will give it greater “weight” in search results for the term.
- Create and distribute content which includes links back to your website; solicit links from other relevant websites (in your industry) by providing a greater product/service/experience worth of gaining a link from others.
- Avoid deleting pages when they could be redirected; it’s better to redirect a page to a newer version than have people land on a broken page – that goes the same, in general, with ensuring that your site doesn’t produce many 404 pages.
- Listen to your community to improve the user experience; a site that runs well and is easy to navigate is one that will be frequented – this will lead to additional sharing, linking, word-of-mouth referrals, and possibly news covers (great links).
Take one of these suggestions and roll with it. It’s better to give at least one a try than attempt them all and become discouraged. Once you hit your stride with the one – come back and work on the next. You’ll build a momentum that will see you you through to improving your business.
Image by lisasolonyko