Find, Verify, and Profit from a Niche in these 3 Easy Steps
Today's Editor's Picks
Finding a profitable niche is quite simple if you trust your gut reaction and tap into the best sellers list.
We, affiliate marketers, sometimes overdo the whole niche selection process to the point where we take no action. Wouldn’t it be better if we at least got something started so we can do testing rather than wait another month when someone else hops into the niche?
I want to keep things simple.
These next three steps are quite honestly the only ones you need to find, verify, and begin profiting from a niche …
1. Make an observation
It’s really simple to find what people want:
- What are they buying?
- What are they talking about?
- What are they excited for?
It’s the same for you:
- What do you want?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What do you have, now, that you really love?
Make an observation. Look around you. See what people are buying and take a note.
Yes, you can use trends to look at the next wave of products but it’s not always certain. I would say it’s best to go with what the market currently demands, first. At least you will have an existing consumer base plus you can work off other marketers’ campaigns which will save you a good deal of money in the research and development phase.
2. See whether it’s selling
Need to verify your hunch?
Don’t guess – use the existing marketplaces to make that judgment for you.
- Amazon Top Sellers List
- Ebay’s Hot Products
- Spyfu (to find competitive products)
Looking at these lists will give you immediate verification that a product is selling. You can tell based on the reviews and the fact that their higher placement means they’re very active.
This list should give you plenty of ideas for the main products to promote along with complimentary items which will help boost your overall commission amount with sites like Amazon or if you’re promoting similar information products from marketplaces like Clickbank.
3. Launch a campaign
Don’t wait any longer.
Get campaigns going to test whether the product is as hot as it seems:
- Purchase $100 on Google Adwords and run a campaign sending individuals to a landing page (or website) featuring these products.
- Promote posts on Facebook or Twitter – following this same landing page strategy – and measure the conversions and response.
- Hire a freelance writer to produce a slew of guest articles for reputable blogs that send individuals back to sales pages (or direct links).
- Produce video reviews of the product and host it on YouTube, and then promote that video by investing $10 – $50.
It doesn’t matter how you go about doing the campaign just as long as you get it running. Once you begin collecting data you can further verify your selection. From there you can really step it up in developing the website and its social media.
By taking these actions you will save yourself a great deal of time, money, and hassle. A product you know is active on marketplaces and then verified via testing will let you jump right in and start profiting rather than making an endless amount of plans and trying to be “perfect” before launch.
That’s just three steps. No excuses. Get something started because it couldn’t be any easier.