Easy Affiliate Earnings 101: Local Meet Ups
Today's Editor's Picks
It’s the start of the New Year which means you’re more than likely buzzing with excitement.
Now is a time to start fresh.
- Try new things.
- Explore some of the tried-and-true methods.
- Bring your affiliate business to that next level.
Throughout this week I want to share what I’d like to call “Easy Affiliate Earnings”.
The topics I’ll cover this week are methods you can use that show real promise when it comes to earning a commission – and the best part is that they’re very simple to do.
For part 1 of 5 we’re starting with the easiest: local affiliate meet ups.
Q: What is something everyone wants, for business, but not all have the knowledge to get it started?
A: A website.
When building a website there are many opportunities to earn an affiliate commission:
- Web hosting (often $100+ per referral)
- Website themes (often $20 – $100 per purchase)
- Domain names ($10 – $20 depending on provider)
- eCommerce solutions ($variable depending on service)
- Email marketing ($10 – $20 (often per month) depending on service)
Guiding just one individual through the basics of setting up a website can net you hundreds of dollars in affiliate commissions.
Now expand that when you begin to see a dozen individuals showing up to complete the process when you hold local meet ups.
Here’s a scenario:
John has built multiple websites for various projects in his affiliate marketing business. His knowledge of web development gives him the chance to tutor others in this process. He decides to host a local, monthly meet up for about 10 people that will take new comers through the process of building their website.
Attendees bring their own laptops. John uses a projector to share each of the steps for building a website in real time while answering questions from the attendees. Each time a new item is needed in this development John sends them an affiliate link. This small environment lets John gets hands on with the attendees and it also allows them to share ideas and suggestions for their projects.
The following months John introduces new strategies for growing their business and along with those strategies are products and services to which he’s affiliated. In the end everyone wins since they’re now online with their website and John has been earning a healthy set of commissions for his recommendations and tutoring.
You can see this done on various websites that offer free website setup. The concept is the same but having a local meet up really lets you get face-to-face with your community and it encourages them to keep coming back because it’s forming into a club.
By doing a cycle hosting two or three meet ups for different groups each month you can effectively create a very steady stream of income for your affiliate business. All that’s really required is your commitment to find people that need to get a start, deliver them a great tutorial and set of resources, and provide a support structure as they continue to learn.
The Take Away
I’ll go out on a limb and say that you’re more than versed in your main topics for your affiliate business.
This gives you a great edge in the local market since you can take that knowledge and expertise and apply it to tutoring others around your neighborhood.
To conclude – try the following:
1. Gather your best resources for an in-demand topic (ebooks, guides, blog posts, etc).
2. Start making the rounds alerting people about a new meet up in the area for this topic (you can use Facebook, flyers, Meetup.com, or other local portals).
3. Setup a small environment where you can work with each attendee to complete a process which includes them subscribing or purchasing an offer to which you’re affiliated.
4. Divide the sessions based on basic, intermediate, and advanced tutorials to give the ability to do these meet ups regularly.
5. Educate and encourage each attendee to help one another in promoting the projects and give them the needed resources to grow their business.
Sitting down with the locals, showing them the process (in a hands-on type of way), offering recommendations, and making this a regular event will easily introduce a new revenue stream for the business and build a network which can aid one another in successfully growing their business.
You can do this. It’s very easy. A hungry market is there. Leverage your knowledge and expertise.