Offer Your Customers Items with International Flair
What are International Affiliate Programs?
The beauty of the Internet is that it connects people and services from all over the world. And with advances in shipping technologies, it’s easy to ship items (even perishable items) from nearly anywhere in a timely manner. From vineyards and gourmet food retailers to craft shops and cigar producers, you can find a wide variety of authentic international goods and services.
How do you Choose an International Affiliate Program?
The biggest things to consider when choosing an international affiliate program is language (are the sites available in English?), pricing (do they also give prices in U.S. currency?) and shipping (is it affordable and reliable?).
A Few Tips – make sure you pay attention to the following when evaluating online international retailers.
- Delivery – if they guarantee next day delivery, do they keep that promise? If not, how is the situation remedied? What about quality of product? How are temperature-sensitive products handled?
- Customer service – can you find contact information for customer service easily? Do they have a toll-free number or just an email link? Are there English-speaking representatives?
- Ordering process – is it easy to place an order on the site? Do they have appropriate site security for personal and financial information? Do you receive a confirmation number?
- Site quality – Is the site easy to navigate? Are the product descriptions clear? Are the images high quality?
- Selection – make sure the company offers whatever it is you feel comfortable promoting – maybe it’s wine from France or crafts from Australia.
How to Optimize Sales
Maybe your site deals with party planning tips, travel or home decorating and you feel that your visitors would also be interested in international items. So if you want to drive more people to your site in order to send them on to international retail sites, you will want to add additional elements that may draw shoppers in, along with those just coming to look for party decorating ideas.
Quick Tips: Optimize Your Site to Promote Your International Affiliate
- Keep in regular contact with your affiliate so that you can promote the latest sales and specials, like free delivery or next day delivery.
- Keep your links and banners updated.
- Keep seasonal events in mind – for example, start promoting Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day well in advance, especially when you consider these items may be shipped overseas.
- Ask the online retailer to provide you with images and descriptions of popular, seasonal or even discounted items.
- Do you send out emails or a newsletter? Promote the affiliate site in those, as well.