Affiliate Quick Tip: Don’t Forget the ‘Resources’ Page
Today's Editor's Picks
One of the easiest ways to pick up a few additional affiliate commissions can be done through the creation of a “resources” page.
You may already have seen these employed on multiple websites but we wanted to touch on the subject because many forget this great addition when building their website.
The resource page facilitates a few opportunities:
- It provides a landing page when you’d like to mention in other forms of media like podcasts
- It allows visitors to see what you’re using on the regular
- It gives you another source to link to money-making review pages
The process of creating a resource page couldn’t be simpler:
1. Create a new full-width page using your site template
2. Fill in the according SEO-related details (such as “Resources for Affiliate Marketers”)
3. Upload pictures, write an overview, and style the listings
Of course, you need not add in pictures and just use a list with short explanations of what they are and why you use them.
To increase the value of this page, consider adding the following:
- Links to your reviews of each of the products/services you use
- A coupon code
- Video overviews (in place of pictures)
Once you have a resource page, you can share it to the world (actively) or allow it to become a passive income model on your affiliate website.
What’s great about the entirety of this comes down to your ability to readily mention the page through other multi-media platforms.
For example, you could mention a product you use and say the name of your resource page URL for the listener to gain the details; you could also include internal video links or call-outs in your YouTube videos to point people to the pages.
Go ahead, try it out. This page shouldn’t take longer than an hour to put together but will certainly have great benefit to your income possibilities for as long as you operate your affiliate marketing website.