Ski and Snowboarding: Big Air, Big Commissions!
Today's Editor's Picks
The ski and snowboarding niche is a growing market dominated by amateurs and enthusiasts alike. In this overview, we’ll be giving you a glimpse into the industry and what you can expect if you find yourself promoting ski and snowboarding items, packages, and education.
Making the Most of the Snow Season
The market for ski and snowboards greatly varies depending on location and season so it’s always a great idea to have an understanding of the industry prior your entry.
Here are some of the common questions you may have – answered:
- When’s the best time to promote? Realistically, during the winter seasons but don’t be intimidated by starting the campaigns early to give people a reason to stock up in the summer.
- What are the trends? Perhaps the Winter Olympics are in full swing or maybe the X-games. Take a look at Google Trends to get an idea of what new Fall fashion is in the now and what destinations and ski/snowboarders are building an audience.
- Who is the target audience? Snowboarding is more of a “younger thing” while skiing is for the older types but it all depends on the area you’re targeting and the budget you’ve set on the products you’re promoting.
- How much am I positioned to earn? Determine your commission on each sale, the horizontal markets you can enter, and repeat business you will build.
Common, Worthwhile Products/Offers to Promote
With an understanding of the market, let’s now examine the types of products and offers you may find yourself promoting.
- Snowboards and Ski Equipment. The most basic and lucrative of products worth promoting – these items are essential for getting started but experienced skiers and snowboarders are always on the look-out for new equipment to update their older stuff.
- Vacation Packages, Travel Expenses, and Lodging. Grande destinations and vacations are the dream of die-hard ski and snowboarding enthusiasts – offer them plans and guides.
- Clothing and Accessories. Fall fashion lasts for months on end especially snow jackets but expand into other items such as headwear, accessories, and everyday clothing that fit the style and fashion of the ski/snowboard niche.
- Ski or Snowboarding Videos, Training, and Guides. First timer’s need some ground understanding of what they’re getting themselves into whereas experienced enthusiasts seek to latest and greatest tricks and techniques.
Though it’s certainly an interesting niche to crack, do you think you’ll find yourself in the ski and snowboarding niche?
Programs to Get You Started
Ideas forming, products you may be promoting, now we just need networks:
- 12% commissions on each sale
- 3 Month EPC: $23.20, 7 Day EPC: $30.95
- 120 day cookie
- 5% commissions on each sale
- 3 Month EPC: $16.66, 7 Day EPC: $22.69
- 7 day cookie
- 8 – 13% commissions on each sale
- 3 Month EPC: $8.50, 7 Day EPC: $26.45
- 120 day cookie
*There are dozens of other reputable online commerce stores that include affiliate programs – you’re by no means limited to the items mentioned.
Do you think you’re ready to tackle the mountain that is the ski and snowboarding niche? You now have the understanding and resources, now hit the slopes!