Using MeetUp to Grow Your Business
MeetUp is a fantastic networking tool to use when you’d like to gain exposure for your business, get new clients, and to help spread the word about your product.
It’s easy to shy away from using a networking and marketing tool when you’re not sure how to incorporate it to your advantage. Have no fear, I’ve got you covered on how you can use MeetUp to broaden your marketing and advertising scope with five easy steps.
1. Use MeetUp to help with networking: There are two ways to do this. You can either search for groups that you’d like to be a part of and become an active participant, or you can create your own MeetUp group and gain new comrades in the business.
Whichever you choose, MeetUp is a networking powerhouse. It provides you with numerous opportunities to let people know exactly what it is you and your business do and how it can help them get closer to their desires
2. Use MeetUp to grow your email marketing and advertising list: When you attend MeetUp meetings and gatherings, ask people if they’d like to become a part of your email list so that they can stay up-to-date with your business’s latest happenings.
Chances are they’ll graciously accept and, in return, you get to continuously grow your email list with lots of potential clientele.
3. Think free advertising: MeetUp lets you meet copious amounts of new people. All of those new ‘friends’ are fantastic for free word-of-mouth advertising.
They’ll tell their friends about you who will tell their friends and coworkers about you and what you do and so on. Your free advertising is right at your fingertips, all you have to do is reach out and grab it.
4. MeetUp is a great way to gain people’s trust: People are a lot more apt to trust you and what your product can do for them if they can put a face to the name.
If you’re genuine and trustworthy in your initial approach to meeting them, then that’s half the battle. You only get one chance to make a first impression, so make it count and gaining new clients will happen with ease.
5. Use MeetUp to connect with like-minded people: When you have your MeetUp strategy underway, you’ll notice that the people you’re going to meet will be on the same track you are. They’ll want to get ahead in the world and you and your business will be there to help them.
So search for MeetUp groups that will help cultivate your business and its product – or start a MeetUp group that can help expand on your company’s bottom line.
- Using MeetUp is a fantastic way to continuously be growing your business, but the key is to learn how to do it effectively every time.
How do you use MeetUp to grow your business’s following? Tell us in the comment section below.
About the author: Danielle is a freelance blogger and editor specializing in social media, small businesses, and entrepreneurial topics. To learn more about Danielle, please visit her website at www.PenPointEditorial.com.