What are Food and Beverage Affiliate Programs?
From vineyards and gourmet food retailers to restaurants and grocery stores, you can find a wide selection of food and beverages available for ordering online. You can even sign up for easy and convenient grocery delivery services.
How do you Choose the Best Food and Beverage Affiliate Program?
The food and beverage industry online is rather new. Since the products appeal to nearly anyone, the odds of finding an appropriate program for your site – one that will be successful – are pretty good. Start with your favorite restaurants or brands and see if they have affiliate programs.
A Few Tips – make sure you pay attention to the following when evaluating online food and beverage retailers:
- Delivery – if they guarantee next day delivery, do they keep that promise? If not, how is the situation remedied? What about quality of product? How are temperature-sensitive products handled?
- Customer service – can you find contact information for customer service easily? Do they have a toll-free number or just an email link?
- Ordering process – is it easy to place an order on the site? Do they have appropriate site security for personal and financial information? Do you receive a confirmation number?
- Site quality – Is the site easy to navigate? Are the product descriptions clear? Are the images of high quality?
- Selection – make sure the company offers whatever it is you feel comfortable promoting – maybe it’s special canned Alaskan salmon or Napa Valley wine
How to Optimize Sales
Maybe your site deals with dinner party planning tips or lifestyle advice and you feel that your visitors would also be interested in online food and beverage companies, so if you want to drive more people to your site in order to send them on to the food and beverage sites, you will want to add additional elements that may draw the flower shoppers in, along with those just coming to look for party decorating ideas.
Quick Tips: Optimize Your Site to Promote Your Gift or Flower Delivery Affiliate
- Keep in regular contact with your affiliate so that you can promote the latest sales and specials, like free delivery or next-day delivery
- Keep your links and banners updated
- Keep seasonal events in mind – for example, start promoting Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day well in advance
- Ask the online retailer to provide you with images and descriptions of popular, seasonal or even discounted items
- Do you send out emails or a newsletter? Promote the affiliate site in those, as well
- Try to focus on additional keywords (through your blogs, tips, product descriptions) such as wine, food, beverages, grocery delivery, etc.