DiscountMags.com, as you could imply through the name, is one of the most trafficked magazine subscription retailers on the web with over 1,500 titles listed throughout the site, offered at the lowest price allowed by publishers.
Now, before you back out and say “but the print industry is dying”, we’d like to give you a glimpse at what’s in store for you if you choose to tackle this niche through the DiscountMags.com affiliate program. Here, take a look …
DiscountMags.com: The Overview
DiscountMags.com offers, as noted, over 1,500 titles which include some of the most recognizable subscriptions including Maxim, Men’s Health, ESPN, Popular Science, GQ, and many more.
Despite a small drop in overall acceptance rates (due to the free flow of information on the web), magazine subscriptions still reach millions of households such as the 7.5Mil+ rate held by Better Homes and Gardens (a subscription available through the website).
What does this all mean? Well, you’re entry into this industry does not show the same doom and gloom touted by individuals claiming the web is destroying print. On the contrary, magazine subscriptions hold a viable position as a product especially as the “noise” of the web continues to rise and readers seek a well-rounded, curated source of information.
The Affiliate Program
That’s good reassurance and all but what about the numbers, you may be asking.
The DiscountMags.com affiliate program is offered through CJ.com and currently offers the following for their affiliates:
- 20% commissions on every sale
- A 60 day tracking cookie
- Dedicated affiliate program and resources
- Frequent special promotions
- No sales tax and free shipping on orders (which reduces the sale barrier)
- The lowest rates on the web
- A 100% customer satisfaction guarantee (a biggie for building trust)
Over at CJ.com (as of 9/25/2012), the DiscountMags.com affiliate program is reporting the following stats:
- 3 Month EPC: $31.56
- 7 Day EPC: $22.63
The highest performing creative, at the time of this writing, clocks in at $44.12 (3mo EPC) and $33.39 (7d EPC) which makes it one of the highest performing affiliate programs within the CJ.com network.
DiscountMags.com: In Review
Let’s get down to brass tacks, how does the DiscountMags.com program fair, overall?
- A 20% commissions is to die for
- DiscountMags.com is one of the longest running magazine supplies on the web (branding!)
- The program is handled by the experts at OPMpros.com
- The magazine industry has seen its ups and downs
- Many magazine purchases are on-the-spot within stores
- The 1,500+ selection does pose a problem in terms of affiliate management
The Bottom Line
In all, how does DiscountMags.com rank in our minds?
Our Verdict: 4.5 out of 5
With a 20% commissions, 60 day cookie, and access to one of the largest, lowest priced selection of magazine subscription services on the web, who could argue with this networks viability?
Yes, the print industry has been hit due to the rise of the web but it’s not going anywhere soon so get in there, get promoting, and turn this niche into a real money maker of your own!