The goal with affiliate marketing, at least for many of us, is to create a passive income with our efforts to either mitigate the bills while working a normal 9-to-5 or to push over the edge so we no longer need to work the average job.
The idea of a “lifestyle-changing income” isn’t all that farfetched.
An additional $1,000 a month, when you really break it down, can be quite a major leg-up considering it could handle a car payment, bolster an emergency fund, allow us to travel, invest in new opportunities, save for education, and so much more.
It really does become life changing in this regard.
This week I’d like to share one insight, each day, to get you to that lifestyle-changing level when pursuing those affiliate/online efforts.
The $$$ signs may not be massive but they’ll change the game…
One of the most important skills to build in affiliate marketing is your networking skills.
With the right connections you’ll find all kinds of opportunities:
- People to lend feedback
- New launches you can promote
- Projects to join to earn greater income
- Connections to a larger marketplace
- Traffic and referral exchange
You could be quite amazing at what you do in your niche but if you are going at it solo you will hit a ceiling in your opportunities.
It’s important that you go out of your way to make these connections even if you feel you’re the introvert type because the greater opportunities are where many affiliates make their money:
- Working alongside a major product release not only brings in money but the association you build with this individual also helps when you are ready to release a product
- Producing content for their audience siphons interested parties to yours which then allows you to co-promote products & services
- The work won’t be as tedious because you feel like you have someone for accountability which will help with creativity and avoiding burn out
What I would recommend is that you use at least an hour of your day to get in touch with important & interesting individuals in your niche. The people could be content creators, product developers, major affiliates, existing customers, and more. Get to know them on a real level and all those opportunities mentioned will begin to unlock.
Sometimes all it takes is an email, phone call, or catching them during an industry event.
The most important thing to when pursuing affiliate marketing (or any business) is to keep yourself level-headed about it all. It becomes very easy to get caught up with this idea of overnight riches.
If you suddenly gained an additional $1,000 a month wouldn’t you consider that a life changer?
Yes, it may not be these big numbers thrown around by the mega affiliates but for the average individual, like you and me, it allows a shift in lifestyle.
Start on this level and change the game. From there on out there are no limits.