As one of the biggest affiliate networks on the Web, LinkShare is a great place to gain access to top brand products from companies such as Dell, Cingular, Apple, Avon and Home Depot. However, building a successful affiliate marketing business requires a lot more than just dropping a few LinkShare links into your Web pages. In order to take advantage of everything LinkShare has to offer, you need to learn some of the secrets of affiliate marketing.
Establishing Your Website as a Trusted Consumer Resource
Have you ever noticed how some websites seem to just effortlessly draw in readers? In reality, these successful websites spend considerable time and effort establishing their authority as a trusted consumer resource. When people have questions about a product or service, they immediately seek out information and tips from these highly credible resources.
In order to motivate readers to visit your website and purchase merchandise via your LinkShare affiliate links, you need to build a reputation as a great online consumer resource. How can you gain the trust and respect of your target audience? The following are just a few of the techniques you should focus your efforts on:
- Expert Advice and Opinions: Consumers want to know that you are qualified to give advice about products and services. In order to establish your authority as an expert, you need to play up your experience, strengths, and insights in your industry. Write informative articles that demonstrate your expertise and give readers the opportunity to see your skill in action.
- Offer Unbiased Advice: Even though you are promoting offers through LinkShare, do not feel compelled to give perfect reviews of every product you are marketing. Readers are fare more likely to be swayed by and honest review that points out both the strengths and weaknesses of a particular product.
- Learn the Basics of Search Engine Optimization: Research has shown that online consumers tend to view natural search results as more reliable than paid search advertisements. In order to perform well in the major search engines, you need to learn at least the basics of search engine optimization (SEO). By implementing even a few SEO techniques and practices, you can dramatically improve your search rank position and website traffic.
- Choose the Best Products and Services to Promote: One of the most important parts of succeeding with LinkShare is to select the offers that appeal to your customers and that you can genuinely recommend. Every product you sell on your website represents the overall quality of your business, so each link you add needs to be up to the high standards you have established.
- Understand Your Affiliate Tracking Reports: LinkShare offers detailed reports of your affiliate sales results, and it is important to pay careful attention to these data sources. If an offer is extremely successful on your website, you should look for ways to duplicate those results. However, if an offer is not performing up to your expectations, then you should replace it will a product that might appeal more to your audience.
Adding LinkShare affiliate links to your website or blog is a great way to generate revenue for your online business. However, you should always take the time to practice good affiliate marketing strategies in order to make the most of your efforts. By creating a high quality website, choosing the best products, and tracking your results, you will be able to make the most of everything that LinkShare has to offer.