The groundwork you lay in the early stages of your affiliate marketing business will set the stage its potential growth and revenue. Spending the extra time to solidify your plans and goals will ultimately save yourself time and resources.
In this article, I’ll be sharing the hottest topic for getting the most from affiliate marketing: SEO strategy.
Building the Foundation for an Unbeatable SEO Strategy
Keep in mind that search engine optimization is a long-term process; only then take these actions:
- Set your Most Desired Goal. The purpose of SEO is to reach top rankings but go deeper into why you want this position. Do you want your SEO to create more sales? Create more awareness to your brand? Impact the world with your message? Beyond the position, you have a reason for what you’re doing. Figure out what you want out of your website that satisfies your business and personal goals; align this drive and passion as a direction for your SEO strategy.
- Create and Compile a Visual Sitemap. Create a visual site map and hierarchy of your website whether just starting to build a one or already in the process of running it. A visual example of your website and its structure will give you insight as to which web pages hold the highest weight and value aka. the ones you’ll want to optimize the greatest. A visual guide to your website will also give you proper insight as to how you’ll interlink each page to gain the maximum exposure (and link juice) for these all important pages.
- Find your Audience and Measure the Competition. Spend a large part of your time discovering your true audience – the ones that will buy. Find where your community congregates outside of your website and create profiles and connections with these influential individuals – build the groundwork for your network from the inside out. Secondly, take into account where your competitors stand. Examine their SEO strategy, keyword selection, backlinks, social media usage, and any bit of detail you can dig up. The competitive analysis will give you a great baseline for where to begin (and improve) your own SEO strategy.
- Set a Schedule. Generate a spreadsheet or utilize planning software to determine and map out when, where, and why you’ll be working on your search engine optimization. Set a scheduled time for when you publish new pieces of content on your website, when you’ll interact on social media, how often you’ll reach out to community members, when you’ll hold contests, create videos, and more. Use your schedule as an ultimate to-do list and plow through it no matter how tedious the work. Frequent additions to your content, link building, branding, and networking creates an unstoppable momentum once you get past the initial “hump” of SEO.
- Take Action. Use your SEO strategy and schedule to force yourself into continuously improving your search engine rankings. Do today what you’ve set aside for tomorrow. Always work on one new item for developing your SEO each day. On occasion, revise your work but don’t change direction. Be adaptive to new strategies while making the most of proven methods.
As stated, search engine optimization is a long-term process that benefits best from a clear strategy from the get-go. Use this guide as aid to setting the framework for your success.