Throughout this week we plan to bring you an excellent set of ideas, strategies, and suggestions for taking advantage of the holiday season.
Though each holiday is special there are five that should be five at the top of your list if you want to earn the most in affiliate marketing during the rest of the year.
- Black Friday
- Cyber Monday
- New Years
They make the list because they are the holidays which bring out the biggest spending. Thanksgiving focuses heavily on food, Black Friday/Cyber Monday mostly around electronics, Christmas covering just about everything, and New Years when it comes to partying. Each present different challenges and a whole lot of income earning opportunity.
In part one of this five part series we’ll be taking a look at: New Years.
Here are some ideas, strategies, and suggestions to make some good affiliate earnings…
New Years: Woo! Let’s Party & Make some Resolutions!
Ah, New Years. One of the busiest day and night of partying celebrated around the World. People out having fun, staying home to watch the ball drop, BBQing during the day, going out on special dates, getting presents for best friends, and making resolutions for the new year.
New Years doesn’t provide as much promotional opportunity as the other four holidays from this series but it does create an interesting opportunity to set the stage for the upcoming year.
- People are ready for change and it’s not just in their habits and physical image; they want to try new things and buy new things because they want a change in their lifestyle so if you can fit your work around this shift then you can capture them early and bring them along for the journey throughout the year.
- Learning should be something you really stress in your new promotions. Last year your audience may have begun skirting the idea of really diving head first into the niche you cover but never really made the jump. This is the year they can start fresh and go all out. Promoting learning materials will be the way to go because everyone wants to do better at work, life, and all-around have a better understanding of their interests.
- Now is a good time to share your New Years resolutions with your audience such as what you have planned for the future, changes you plan on making, things you no longer want to do, and maybe even a few details and revelations from the former year.
- Types of posts like “The Best of 201X” or “Expect X in 201X” are great ways to get people to dig through old content and get ready for new changes to your niche. Doing so introduces them to new, exciting things that may become big sellers in the new year.
- The new year is a great time to do an update to one of your products (or freebies) to which you can promote new products and you have a reason to make a huge announcement/promotion.
- You can periodically check up on people to see how they’re progressing through the year which makes for a great set of case studies (helps with authority) and keeps people locked into a course you may have developed.
- You could also create a mastermind group for those that have similar goals for the new year which also locks them in – could even be a membership thing.
I would say the best bet is to do a combination of releasing an updated version of one of your freebies or paid products alongside some kind of mastermind group. The offer is a great way to get people hooked into your community and by offering them something of long-term value like a mastermind group (or a paid forum). People will feel inclined to stick with it throughout the year which means recurring revenue.
As with every affiliate marketing campaign we would suggest to keep all assets you generate for this holiday because they can be used again next year. Each year you’ll get better and better at promoting offers during this holiday (and this will be reflected in your commissions).
Get started as soon as you can – the earlier the better – if you want to gain the most opportunities at earning. Good luck and happy holidays!