The Ahrefs SEO toolbar is available again after shuttering from a prior Google update. The toolbar provides competitive analysis and SEO metrics in Google SERPs and on-page.
What is this thing and why should you care? Well…
What is Ahrefs?
Ahrefs is one of several industry-renowned SEO tools professionals include in their toolbox. The premium service provides detailed SEO and competitive data to help website owners gain an edge.
Using Ahrefs provides:
- Organic Search Metrics – Discover the ranking keywords of your competition
- Keyword Explorer – Discover keyword data and suggestions (including trends and difficulty)
- Backlinks – See where you and the competition get their backlinks
- Content Research – Find what content is doing well on social and on the Web
- Tracking – Plug in a keyword and track how your site ranks
- Monitoring – Create alerts for keywords, mentions, and backlink opportunities
The tool has a learning curve, no doubt, but is consistently topping SEO professionals’ recommendations. Ahrefs is the perfect SEMrush alternative. Or, a stellar compliment if using the two in tandem for keyword and competitive research.
What is the Ahrefs SEO Toolbar?
The new Ahrefs SEO toolbar takes the best of its mainline service and compacts it into a real-time display when browsing Google SERPs. Or, visiting a web page. The toolbar is free for Chrome and Firefox users but requires an Ahrefs account to pull data.
Here’s how it works via Sam Oh:
SEO Toolbars, Oh My!
Ahrefs isn’t the only brand providing an SEO toolbar in the marketing game.
…and several free and paid alternatives, each providing similar but different datasets.
Whether you decide to use one or several depends on how deep down the SEO rabbit hole you want to go. We suggest trying a couple, seeing which you like best, and integrating them into your keyword research workflow.
So, what do you think? Will Ahref’s SEO toolbar become part of your SEO toolbox?