7 Tools Every Affiliate Marketer Needs
The following will get you up to speed about several tools that you should be using as an affiliate marketer. You may not have them now – but you’ll need them in the future.
- Your website. Yes, you can do affiliate marketing without a website but your own site truly does give you the greatest flexibility for building a long-term affiliate business because you have a “home base.” Domain names, hosting, and a website theme (along with some writing) will have you up and running on less than $50.
- Social media accounts. You’re missing out on one of the largest, free forms of traffic generation if you’re not represented on social networks like Twitter and Facebook. Accounts are free but you will need to put in time to build your network. However, you’ll do more good for your brand (and business) than ever before by using these tools.
- Affiliate network/marketplace. Unless you’re running an in-house affiliate program promoting your products, you’re going to need a great network or marketplace. These networks give you access to the products and services you’ll be promoting in your affiliate marketing business.
- Shopping cart software. In time, you’ll surely want to make the push to start selling your own products in conjunction to your affiliate campaigns. Online shopping carts, some free, some paid, are easier than ever to install on a website with very little need for technical knowledge.
- An auto-responder. If you have any motivation to get started with email marketing than you must subscribe to an auto-responder like Aweber or MailChimp. These are the tools that make email marketing possible and come packed with everything you need to create incredible sales spikes from the comfort of your inbox.
- Computer hardware. You won’t get far if you don’t have the hardware: iPad, laptop, desktop, video camera for video marketing, microphone for podcasting, and so much more. This may seem like a “no brainer tool” but it’s important that you don’t skimp out on paying for premium computer hardware which ultimately makes your job, as an affiliate marketer, easier.
- Mobile access. You’ll want a good smartphone and mobile access at your disposable because the mobile web is where things are heading. Likewise, you need to have constant access to your affiliate business – it’s one thing you don’t want to miss out on because you don’t want to carry a phone.
In all, tools are still just that: tools. It’s how you use them that make them so valuable. Make the tools work for you and you’re going to be very profitable.